The Heartland Community Foundation -- Youth Action Council member application
Thank you for your interest in the Heartland Community Foundation Youth Action Council – a new initiative at the community foundation for the coming year. Please answer the questions below and submit your application by April 20, 2022.
In selecting new members, the Heartland Youth Action Council is looking for teens who:
- Care about their community and want to make a difference
- Are open-minded, critical thinkers who can discuss tough issues and creative solutions
- Demonstrate integrity and initiative in their actions and decisions
- Will be in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the 2022-23 academic school year.
- Reside in Ellis, Rooks, or Trego counties.
Expectations of Youth Action Council members:
- Attend a Youth Action Council orientation in Hays during early August.
- Attend a monthly meeting during the school day in your home county in September, October, November, February, March and April by zoom or in person.
- Attend a Youth Action Council retreat in Hays in January.
- Actively participate in discussions and activities.
- Be an advocate for the Youth Action Council, the Heartland Community Foundation, and the youth in our community.
Please answer all of the following questions: